Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wow... It's Week 7!

Dear Parents

Some important information for you this week:

Maths Pencil Cases
As the Maths pencil cases are now complete, I will send them home over the weekend for labelling. If you could use a permanent marker to place your child’s initials on each counter, each card in the deck (just a small initial on the back corner), the measuring tape  and place a sticker with your child’s name on the counting beads that would be much appreciated. I know labelling all the pieces is a tedious task, but it will help us immensely in the classroom should any small pieces go missing from the children’s cases. A big thank you again to all of the parents and grandparents who generously gave up their time to create this resource for the children!

Health Notes
Two pink notes have gone home this week highlighting reported cases of worms and head lice in Year One. Please read through this information and be sure to follow the treatment recommendations, should your child be affected. We really appreciate parents letting us know about this important health information in the classroom.

Lost Property
I have a school jumper with a smudged name on it (size 6) and a grey jacket that have been left behind by two of the students in Year One. If your child is missing either of these items, please let me know, as none of the children have claimed them. I will place them into the lost property at the end of the week if they are still unclaimed.

History Program
Thank you for the wonderful response we have had from last week’s blog post regarding our History Unit this term. Most of the children have already brought in a special item from ‘when I was a baby’. I have photographed these items to attach to the children’s work and will be sending them back home, as I know some of the photos and items of clothing are very precious. Remember next week’s focus is ‘when I was young’. Our History lesson is on a Thursday.

Parent/Teacher Interviews

I have placed a Parent/Teacher Meeting sheet on the Information Board outside the classroom. Please write your child’s name in on a time slot that best suits you. At this stage, I am going to hold an afternoon of meetings next Wednesday followed by another series of meetings the following Wednesday. Time slots will be available from 3:15pm – 5:30pm on these days. I am also scheduling morning meetings before school from 8:15am – 8:30am. If you cannot make it into school to fill out the timetable, please email me 2-3 of your preferred times and I will get back to you, hopefully with one of your preferences. Other arrangements can also be made, if all of the times available are unsuitable for you.

Have a great week!

Amy Rundle

No comments:

Post a Comment