Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Message From Mrs Hanmer

Wow. The last five weeks have flown by!!!

Integrating a hands-on approach into our learning the students in Year 1S have explored mathematical concepts such as creating patterns, skip counting, shapes and positional language by incorporating a combination of physical movement and activity with our ICT skills. Odd Todd and Even Steven assisted us with identifying odd and even numbers and we even learnt a catchy tune to guide us along the way!


Our creative flair has been encouraged through our integration of HASS and Art as we created sculptures to capture the aspects of Aboriginal seasons. You can marvel at our imagination and innovative ideas by checking out our awesome classroom display!

The student’s interest in Anh Do novels was my inspiration for art this month as we discussed his different approach to painting. The students have drawn self-portraits in which they will paint this week with varying tools…not a paintbrush in sight! Should prove for an interesting lesson and I am looking forward to seeing what they can produce!!


I would like to take this opportunity to say an enormous thank you to Mrs Sheborne, Ms Kent and the amazing students and families in Year 1S. Thank you for welcoming me into your classroom and allowing me the privilege of becoming part of your learning journey! I hope I have made half the impact on you as you have all made on me.






Love Mrs Hanmer

No comments:

Post a Comment