Monday, May 14, 2018

Sound Review, Sight Words and Think Mental Maths

Good evening parents,

Below are the sounds that your children have been learning for the past 8 weeks in their spelling rotations. On Monday we will be having our term spelling review to test their knowledge of sounds. Below is a table with all the sounds that you children have been learning. They will be able to tell you what group they are in, but please email me if you need clarification.



A way you can help them is to call out a word with that particular sound for them to write down on a scrap piece of paper eg. if you child is in the blue group you can use the 'tr' sound, ask your child to write down the word trip and so on.

If you need any more information, please email me to let me know.

Sight words

I must say, I am throughly impressed with your gorgeous children and their eagerness to learn! I have been hearing some great feedback about the children learning all of their sight words and moving onto the next set.

The next stage of the sight word rings is not only for your children to be able to read them, but to be able to write and spell them and further into the semester, apply them into their writing. I have no doubt your children will be eager to do this as I love hearing them come up to me and tell me they know all their sight words!

Think Mental Math books

Thank you to all of those who handed in their Think Mental Math books on Friday. It was so great to hear that the children found great joy in completing their math homework! Unit 2 will be due 25th of May, but if your child completes the unit early, please bring it in when they have finished. We love the instant feedback that you are giving your children by marking their work as they complete it too!


Thank you for your ongoing support! 

Mrs Sherborne 

No comments:

Post a Comment